Howard County General Hospital
Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine is a comprehensive, acute-care medical center with 259 licensed beds specializing in women`s and children`s services, surgery, cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, gerontology, psychiatry, emergency services, and community health education.
Number of Beds: 259
Charting Information: Meditech
Teaching Facility: No
Trauma Facility: No
Additional Johns Hopkins Health System Requirements:
TDAP vaccine (Declination not acceptable)
RN Medication exam – 90% or higher
Drug Screen – Annual
2 References – Must show 1 year in specialty within last 3 years, must be from two most recent employers (ref must be obtained by Assistant Nurse Manager or above )
Flu Vaccine required – Deadline: November 30th
Currently, Howard County General Hospital is only accepting contract and travel candidates. If a contract is awarded, all orientation is done on site.
Please check here to see if there are any current contracts open at Howard County.
Special Note: Please call Cindy Hoel, Orientation/Clinical Placement Manager, at 410-321-4267 extension #113, BEFORE completing any on-line orientations as she has specific and current client information.
- JHHS requires signoffs to be completed prior to a full profile being submitted – these will be assigned to you thru a separate email. If you are interested in orienting at Howard County please contact Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager at 410-321-4267 x.113 or email@example.com and she will assign you these required documents.
- Once you are assigned a JHED ID, you will be required to complete facility-mandated training:
- Complete required Healthstream -My Learning Courses (see instructions below)
- Complete required Healthstream -Compliance Awareness Course (see instructions below)
- Return completion certificates for all courses to CMS
- EMAR Training: There is a required Electronic Medication Administration (EMAR) on-site training class held at Howard County General Hospital
- Inpatient – Must complete 4 to 5 hour EMAR training
- ED – Must complete 4 hr EDM EMAR in addition to the inpatient EMAR training.
- Pyxis Training – ALL Agency staff must complete the Pyxis at the end of the EMAR
- Complete Howard Orientation packet
- Go to //www.hopkinsmedicine.org/howard_county_general_hospital/
- Click on Faculty and Agency Orientation
- Click on AGENCY-OTHER
- Send in all signed or written on documents
Please use a Howard Timeslip and follow the Howard Timekeeping Process. A copy of your Howard timeslip should be submitted to the Howard staffing Office and CMS. Please also make sure to always clock in/out for each shift.
If your assignment is through Fieldglass, please see Fieldglass Timekeeping Process..
5755 Cedar Lane Columbia, MD 21044