MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
Thank you for your interest in MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, part of MedStar Health System. Please note the following information specific for agency personnel planning to work shifts in this community hospital.
Number of Beds: 356
Charting Information: McKesson System
Teaching Facility: No
Trauma Facility: No
Additional Medstar Requirements:
PALS required in the ED
ACLS required for Tele Units
MMRV Titers LAB Report
Drug Screen within 30 days
Two Positive References that support at least 2 years in the previous 3 years
CMS Application with complete work history (no gaps) for the past 7 years
If history of TB, Chest x-ray within 5 years and PPD Questionnaire signed by a physician
Flu Vaccine required – Deadline: December 8th. IF clinician provides a valid doctors note notating an allergy to the injection , they must then receive the mist.
IMPORTANT Please Review:
In light of the significant IV fluid shortage across the country please review this Medstar practice alert.
Please check here to see if there are any current contracts open at at Southern Maryland.
If you are interested in picking up at this facility, please <a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>click here</a> to notify Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager. Your information will be reviewd and then may be submitted to the next computer class. Please include your name and area of nursing specialty (ex. ICU, Tele, etc.). At this time they are NOT orienting in the ED.
Special Note: Please call Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager, at 410-321-4267 extension #113, BEFORE completing any on-line orientations as she has specific and current client information.
- Orientation consists of a 1 day Onsite orientation & Share shift
- Initial profile is sent for pre-approval to the Unit Manager.
- Once approved by the Unit Manager, your Full profile will then be sent to the facility for final approval.
- MedStar requires ALL staff to complete MedStar facility specific online annual mandatories. Once approved by the facility Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager will register you and assign you the required Sitels.
You will be able to access SiTEL Learning Management System site thru the MedStar Sitels login page.
- RN testing will be required depending on specialty and will be assigned to you by Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager.
- Once your profile has been approved we can then schedule you for the next orientation and your share shift.
7503 Surratts Road Clinton, MD 20735