Johns Hopkins Hospital
Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins Hospital, part of the Johns Hopkins Health Care System. Please note the following orientation requirements for agency personnel required by this university hospital.
Number of Beds: 1051
Charting Information: Meditech (ER-HMED system)
Teaching Facility: Yes
Trauma Facility: Level 1
Additional Johns Hopkins Health System Requirements:
TDAP vaccine (Declination not acceptable)
RN Medication exam – 90% or higher
Drug Screen – Annual
Flu Vaccine required – Deadline: November 30th
CNA’s require Education Verification
Respiratory Therapists must be RRT certified
Discounted parking is not available for agency personnel, however garage parking is free on weekends and weekday evenings/nights.
The Orleans Street Garage is the designated parking garage for patients and visitors of the Johns Hopkins Hospital. As such, travelers and temporary staff on assignment at Johns Hopkins cannot park in the Orleans Street Garage. Alternatively, travelers and temporary staff may seek out parking in either the McElderry Street or Caroline Street Garages. These two garages are circled in red on the JHH campus map (see documents below).
RN / CNA Orientation Procedure
- Complete JHHS required forms – these will be assigned to you via your online application and you will receive an email with instructions
- Update any JHHS-specific credentials that are required
- Once you are assigned a JHED ID and password, complete JHHS My Learning Courses (see instructions below)
- Notify CMS when you complete the required courses and send back the completed transcript for all required courses
- Some units require RN’s to take a EKG/Dysrhythmia Exam. We have posted a study guide link below for your convenience.
- CNAs must visit hospital for badge prior to first shift
- RNs will receive badge during first shift
Documents & Instructions
Please follow the instructions below based on whether you are staffed through AMN or Intrastaff. Please also submit an unsigned CMS Timeslip.
Please provide the Hopkins staffing office as well as the CMS office with a print out of your time report (from the procedures below).
If your assignment is through Fieldglass, please use Fieldglass Timekeeping Process.
600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore, MD 21287