Good Samaritan Hospital
Thank you for your interest in Good Samaritan Hospital, part of MedStar Health System. Please note the following information specific for agency personnel planning to work shifts in this community hospital.
Number of Beds: 384
Charting Information: Cerner
Teaching Facility: Yes
Trauma Facility: No
Additional Medstar Requirements:
PALS required in the ED
MMRV Titers LAB Report
Drug Screen within 30 days
Two Positive References that support at least 2 years in the previous 3 years
CMS Application with complete work history (no gaps) for the past 7 years
If history of TB, Chest x-ray within 5 years and PPD Questionnaire signed by a physician
Flu Vaccine required – Deadline: December 8th. IF clinician provides a valid doctors note notating an allergy to the injection , they must then receive the mist.
Nursing Dress Code: Scrubs of any color may be worn in the in-patient units. ER only: Blue scrubs (navy or ceil blue) or white pants with coordinated scrub top may be worn. No t-shirts or sweat shirts are permitted – must be scrub attire. Scrub jackets over t-shirts are permitted. No scrubs with logos from any other hospitals may be worn.
- Important Policies:
All Hospitals in the MedStar Health System require ALL Agency RN’s to have the seasonal Flu Vaccine. This is a mandatory requirement and there are no exceptions!
- Staff may not eat/drink in the clinical area. This is a major infection control violation and strictly enforced at Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Agency staff may not draw Blood Bank Specimens (Typenex) or Blood Cultures. You are not permitted to draw the specimen to type and screen a patient for blood even with a witness. Agency staff may not do finger sticks or test for hemoccult/gastroccult.
Please check here to see if there are any current contracts open at Good Sam.
Special Note: Please call Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager, at 410-321-4267 extension #113, BEFORE completing any on-line orientations as she has specific and current client information.
- Request for your name to be submitted for consideration to pick up shifts at Good Sam (they will verify that you are not on the Medstar-wide DNR list). Please click here to notify us that you are interested in being submitted for consideration. Please be sure to indicate your area of specialty (they currently only have ER needs, but if you are interested and have ICU or TELE background you can still let us know in case this changes) and what shift you prefer to work (Days, Nights, Flexible, etc).
- MedStar requires ALL staff to complete MedStar facility specific online annual mandatories. Once approved by the facility Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager will register you and assign you the required Sitels.
You will be able to access the SiTEL Learning Management System site thru the MedStar Sitels login page..
- Complete the AMN Questionnaire (see documents below)
- RN testing will be required depending on specialty and will be assigned to you by Cindy Hoel, HR Orientation Manager. A study guide for your reference is below.
- GSH Agency Information Sheet and take with you on your first Shift.
- IV Therapy: Review IV Therapy Documents below.
- ALL Agency staff Please Review:
In light of the significant IV fluid shortage across the country please review this Medstar practice alert.
- IV Therapy – Adobe PDF
- AMN Medstar Questionnaire – Adobe PDF
- GSH Agency Information Sheet – Adobe PDF
- EKG/Arrhythmia exam study guide
5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore, MD 21239