Baltimore Medical Systems
Registered Nurse (RN) – Office Manager
BMSI Highlandtown Healthy Living Center
Currently seeking a Clinical Office Manager RN to work for 8 week assignment (with possible extension) in Baltimore, MD. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years clinical experience and 2 years of experience in specialty.
Position is: Clinical Manager
Please read the description and requirements below.
- Actively supervises clinical support staff in a way that facilitates increased patient throughput.
- Creates/ develops clinical leaders through mentoring and by example.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for expense management, improved patient flow and other center processes. Sees through approval, implementation and evaluation stages.
- Acts as a role model for clinical support staff in providing excellent customer service.
- Completes performance appraisals thoroughly and on time.
- Works collaboratively with the Center Medical Director and Office Manager to ensure the smooth functioning of the center.
- Oversees clinical schedule to ensure adequate coverage. Ensures clinical resources are scheduled appropriately. Collects, ensures accuracy of and approves timesheets from staff.
- Provides for the orientation, training, and periodic competency testing of clinical support staff as per BMS policy.
- Ensures appropriate cross training of staff.
- Fosters collaborative working environment.
- Assures the provision of teaching/learning opportunities for patients.
- Initiates continuous quality improvements efforts to improve staff performance workflow, efficiency and customer and staff satisfaction.
- Provides for the professional development and provision of resources to support the practice of quality patient care by RNs/LPNs.
- Effectively addresses employee relations issues, with assistance from HR, in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Independently and effectively problem solves both patient and resource issues.
- Proactively identifies clinical support issues that undermine patient flow and/or other center issues and develops solutions to address those issues.
- Effectively collaborates with Management team to identify and implement best practices
- Center operates within 3% of planned annual expense budget for areas under control of manager (e.g., clinical salaries, supplies, etc.).
- Gathers and analyzes information for audits and special projects. Works with OM to ensure that audits are completed in a timely manner
- Communicates consistently and effectively with Center Leadership team to promote the successful functioning of the center.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates standard clinical policies and procedures.
- Monitors patient supplies and interacts with the person who orders supplies sufficient to maintain levels according to established policies.
- Implements and oversees policies and procedures to ensure effective usage of and safety/security of clinical equipment in the center.
- Participates in cost containment measures and collaborates with the Center Leadership to manage resources, plan budget and expense activities.
- Provides budgetary input to the Operations Manager regarding clinical support, supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of the requirements of JC and other organizational quality control standards and enforces compliance
- Ensures no significant findings identified in internal and external reviews; takes immediate corrective steps to address any findings.
- Correctly applies and teaches principles of risk management.
- Handles routine patient complaints in an appropriate, timely and sensitive manner.
- Implements safety and emergency procedures throughout the center, consistent with BMS policy.
- Proactively solves problems and recommends improvements of department procedures and intra or interdepartmental processes.
- Provides leadership in corporate-wide efforts and initiatives
- Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with customers, staff and clinicians as observed by Supervisor.
- Participates in BMS committees, workgroups, and other such forums as requested
- Provides clinical nurses coverage as needed when staffing shortages arise; demonstrates competency when performing the staff RN role.
- Implements corporate initiatives at the center level
– Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
– Complies with the standards of conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program and seeks guidance when in doubt.
– Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing as well as in-depth specialized training directly related to work being performed.
Required Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of nursing or compact state as a Registered Nurse.
Required: Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BLS-HCP) or the American Red Cross (CPR-AED for Healthcare Provider card) by date of hire.
Preferred Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Two years of demonstrated supervisory experience
Minimum of three years clinical experience in acute care or ambulatory care setting
Community Health Center or large PCMH practice
Charge Nurses and/or Clinical Nurses, depending on staffing model of the center
Medical Assistants, depending on staffing model of the center
Indirect: All clinical personnel
Shift – Days 8a-5p
Full-time Starting ASAP
8 weeks with possible extension.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume via email to email@example.com
Weekends/Holidays as Needed
Float As Needed
$48 / Hour
Skill Set Requirements
Must have at least 2 years of clinical experience and 1 year in the specialty requested.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Office Manager
Require an updated resume, skills checklist, and two recent manager or supervisory references. Please note these are the standard requirements but they can vary by facility. Need active MD or compact license.
Please note: Quoted pay rate is for local candidates. Travelers will be paid the equivalent of the local rate minus housing. Housing stipends available. Please note orientation is paid at full rate and parking is reimbursed.